Last updated: April 17, 2021
Thank you for choosing to use Iodine ("Company", "we", "us", "our"). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you'd like to inquire, raise concerns about this privacy notice or learn more about our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
When you visit our website iodine.gg (the "Website"), use our mobile application, as the case may be (the "App") or generally, use any of our services (the "Services", which include the Website and App), we appreciate you for trusting us with your personal information. Iodine takes privacy very seriously. In this privacy notice, we state the information we collect, how we use it and what rights you have related to it. We encourage you to read this privacy notice thourougly as it is important. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that you disagree with, You are prohibited from accessing or using the Service.
This privacy notice applies to all information collected through our Services (which, as described above, includes our Website and App), including any related services.
Please read this privacy notice thoroughly to understand what information we collect.
Initial letters of words in which are capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. Said definitions have the same meaning regardless of plural or singular form.
Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
Service refers to the Website.
Website refers to Iodine, accessible from https://iodine.gg
You means the individual accessing or using the Service or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
What information do we collect?
Personal information you disclose to us
In short terms: We collect personal information that you provide to us upon registering on the Service.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide when you create an account on the Services or contact us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Services, the choices you make and the features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
- other similar information.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, accurate and complete. We encourage you to notify us of any changes to personal information such as email addresses.
Information collected automatically
In short terms: Identifiers such as Internet Protocol (IP) address and browser and device characteristics.
We automatically collect specific information when you use or navigate the Services. This information does not reveal specific identity (such as names) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, referrer URL, operating system, country and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics systems.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Services and which we record. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and information about your activity in the Services such as the date/time the Service was used, pages viewed and other actions you take such as which features you use.
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access the Services. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or VPN/proxy server), browser type, hardware manufacturer and model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier and operating system.
Information collected through our App
In short terms: We collect information regarding your mobile device, push notifications, when you use our App.
If you use our App, we also collect the following information:
- Mobile Device Data. We automatically collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version information and system configuration information, device and application identification numbers, browser type and version, hardware model Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, and IP address (or VPN/proxy server). If you are using our App, we may also collect information about the phone network associated with your mobile device, your mobile device’s operating system or platform, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique device ID and information about the features of our App you accessed.
- Push Notifications. We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or certain features of the App. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device's notification or privacy settings.
This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our App, for troubleshooting and our internal analytics systems.
How do we use your information?
In short terms: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, compliance with legal obligations and disclose with consent.
We use personal information collected via our Services for a variety of purposes. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests and in order to comply with legal obligations. We state the specific processing purposes we rely on below.
We use the information we collect or receive to:
- Manage user accounts: We may use your information to manage and maintain your account.
- Send important information to you: We may use your personal information to send you service information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Protect our Services: We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Services safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- Enforce our terms, conditions and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract.
- Respond to legal requests and prevent harm: If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- Deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user: We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- Respond to user inquiries/offer support to users: We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
Will information be shared with anybody?
In short terms: Information is not disclosed with third-parties unless needed to fulfill a lawful obligation.
We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena, this includes responding to public authorities in order to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
How long do we keep information?
In short terms: We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us keeping your personal information for longer than the period in which users have an account with us.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
How do we keep information safe?
In short terms: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access the Services within a secure environment.
What are your privacy rights?
In short terms: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area (EEA) and United Kingdom (UK), you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the EEA and UK), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If you are a resident in the EEA or UK and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you are a resident in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can contact us using the contact information provided.
Do Not Track Features
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track ("DNT") feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
Do California residents have specific privacy rights?
In short terms: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with a Service, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Services. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Services, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all our systems (e.g. backups, etc.).
CCPA Privacy Notice
The California Code of Regulations defines a "resident" as:
- every individual who is in the State of California for other than a temporary or transitory purpose and
- every individual who is domiciled in the State of California who is outside the State of California for a temporary or transitory purpose
All other individuals are defined as "non-residents."
If this definition of "resident" applies to you, we must adhere to certain rights and obligations regarding your personal information.
What categories of personal information do we collect?
We have collected the following categories of personal information in the past twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers: Internet Protocol address, email address and account name
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute: Contact information
We may also collect other personal information outside of these categories instances where you interact with us in-person, online, or by phone or mail in the context of:
- Receiving help through our customer support channels;
- Participation in customer surveys or contests; and
- Facilitation in the delivery of our Services and to respond to your inquiries.
How do we use and share your personal information?
More information about our data collection and sharing practices can be found in this privacy notice.
You may contact us by email at email@example.com, or by referring to the contact details at the bottom of this document.
If you are using an authorized agent to exercise your right to opt-out we may deny a request if the authorized agent does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf.
Will your information be shared with anyone else?
We may use your personal information for our own business purposes, such as for undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration. This is not considered to be "selling" of your personal data.
Iodine has not disclosed or sold any personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the preceding 12 months. Iodine will not sell personal information in the future belonging to website visitors, users and other consumers.
Your rights with respect to your personal data
You reserve the right to request deletion deletion of your data.
You can ask for the deletion of your personal information. If you ask us to delete your personal information, we will respect your request and delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions provided by law, such as (but not limited to) the exercise by another consumer of his or her right to free speech, our compliance requirements resulting from a legal obligation or any processing that may be required to protect against illegal activities.
You reserve the right to be informed.
Depending on the circumstances, you have a right to know:
- whether we collect and use your personal information;
- the categories of personal information that we collect;
- the purposes for which the collected personal information is used;
- whether we sell your personal information to third parties;
- the categories of personal information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
In accordance with applicable law, we are not obligated to provide or delete consumer information that is de-identified in response to a consumer request or re-identify individual data to verify a consumer request.
You reserve the right to non-discriminiation for exercising your consumer privacy rights.
We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights.
Upon receiving your request, we will need to verify your identity to determine you are the same person about whom we have the information in our system. These verification efforts require us to ask you to provide information so that we can match it with information you have previously provided us. For instance, depending on the type of request you submit, we may ask you to provide certain information so that we can match the information you provide with the information we already have on file, or we may contact you through a communication method (e.g. phone or email) that you have previously provided to us. We may also use other verification methods as the circumstances dictate.
We will only use personal information provided in your request to verify your identity or authority to make the request. To the extent possible, we will avoid requesting additional information from you for the purposes of verification. If, however, we cannot verify your identity from the information already maintained by us, we may request that you provide additional information for the purposes of verifying your identity, and for security or fraud-prevention purposes. We will delete such additionally provided information as soon as we finish verifying you.
Other Privacy Rights
- you may object to the processing of your personal data
- you may request correction of your personal data if it is incorrect or no longer relevant, or ask to restrict the processing of the data
- you can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. We may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf in accordance with the CCPA
- you may request to opt-out from future selling of your personal information to third parties. Upon receiving a request to opt-out, we will act upon the request as soon as feasibly possible, but no later than 15 days from the date of the request submission
To exercise these rights, you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by referring to the contact details at the bottom of this document. If you have a complaint or inquiry about how your data is handled, please contact us.
Do we make updates to this notice?
In short terms: Yes, we will update our Privacy Notice if necessary to comply with applicable laws.
We may update this privacy notice. The updated notice will be indicated by an updated "Revised" date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is available on the website. In the case that material changes are made to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification.
How can you be contacted about this Privacy Notice?
You may send an inquiries or complaints to email@example.com.
How can you review, update or delete the data we collect from you?
You reserve the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you. You may request for this data to be changed or deleted if necessary. If you'd like to inquire or begin a request, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.